Where we can we use up-cycled materials, all carefully selected by us for their quality, condition and cleanliness.
- Where any doubt about cleanliness exists we re-launder or reject the material.
- We use all natural fibres, mainly cotton for the top and bottom cover.
- When suitable up-cycled material is not available we use remnants and as a last resort we purchase new material.
For the batting we are currently using new material as we cannot source acceptable up-cycled material.
We use natural and man-made threads to assemble the parts of a quilt cover, using the best available thread to give strength, colour stability, wash performance and appearance.
We are happy to make quilts from up-cycled, remnant or new material (natural fibre or synthetic) as a part of our Bespoke service.
We draw on inspirations from various sources when designing our quilts and usually record what has inspired us.
All of our quilts are made in the UK.
- None of our production work is done outside of the UK.
- We source all materials locally or through UK national suppliers.
- We aim to use independent and/or family owned businesses where we can.
- We do use some of the best new materials from reputable international producers but always source them through national suppliers.
Up-cycled materials may be less dimensionally stable than new material (all starches and stiffness long-since gone).
- We endeavour to minimise the impact of dimensional instability by careful material and design selection.
You might be surprised to discover that nearly everything about quilts is still discussed in imperial measurements. We have maintained this tradition, but also include metric conversions.
- All of our quilts are designed to be used unless otherwise stated. Some quilts are purely artistic wall hangings and are clearly identify as such.
- Quilt sizes vary considerably. We describe all quilt sizes by their length and width (in inches and metric). We also indicate the typical use for our quilts.
- To assist with understanding quilt sizes, click here for a table of common bed sizes.
All of our quilts are products of inspiration and the materials available at a given time so invariably unique.
- We can produce multiple identical quilts as a part of our Bespoke service.
- We can also produce quilts similar to one of our originals but they will never be truly the same.
- All of our quilts have names and a date of production.